Book Addicts Welcome

I created this blog as a way for book addicts like myself to share their new favorite books and to find suggestions for great reads. Comments and suggestions are appreciated!

To Read List

The Hunger Games







Thursday, May 14, 2009

Meet Delores Price


"Mine is a story of craving; an unreliable account of lusts and troubles that began, somehow, in 1956 on the day our free television was delivered."
One of the best aspects of Lamb's writing is his ability to get his readers so intertwined with the characters that you begin to feel that you are a part of them. Delores Price is a sad, miserable person at times but you love her anyway and although I would have to say that this book brought me down so far at times that I really wanted to stop reading, I couldn't because I was so invested in the characters and their lives. Thankfully with all the bad that happens to D Lamb throws some beautiful, touching moments in there that let you know the world really isn't the cruelest place, and if you hang on through the end you will be rewarded.
"I uncap the Bic, meaning to rail about negatives: unfairness, infertility. But something different comes out, something I hadn't planned. I write: Love is like breathing. You take it in and let it out."
Here is a link to a discussion guide for this book. It would be a great one for a book club.

No comments: