Book Addicts Welcome

I created this blog as a way for book addicts like myself to share their new favorite books and to find suggestions for great reads. Comments and suggestions are appreciated!

To Read List

The Hunger Games







Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Must Read

After reading a string of disappointing books (not worth mentioning here) I finally struck upon one that satisfied my craving, for a few days at least. Kate Morton's book The Forgotten Garden, was a recommended read I got from my library's website. I wasn't sure what to make of it at first because it jumps from character to character and from the early 1900's to 2005, and back again. But it was everything I love in a book. It revolves around the mystery of how a four year old little girl came to be standing on a wharf in Australia in the mid 1900's with nothing but a white suitcase and no one to claim her. It wasn't until she was 18 years old did she learn that her mother and father were the ones to find her that day and she was not biologically theirs. She spends the next 50 years of her life searching for her family, and it is left to her granddaughter to finally uncover the truth. It has love, sorrow, friendship, a few fairy tales, and a little bit of magic woven throughout and I had a hard time putting it down once I got started. I am excited to read some more of her novels, as this is my first one! For more on Morton check out http://www.katemorton.com/

1 comment:

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

I am recommending this to my book club....I can't wait to read it.